Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Two E's and Me: Start of July

Happy 7th Anniversary!
Mr.H and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary at the start of the month.  We had Thai take-away for dinner (maybe we'll have a belated anniversary dinner in SF when we have a babysitter?)
July 9, 2005


Full-time Stay-at-Home-Mama... kind of

MissE has been home full-time for the past few weeks.  While she misses her teachers and friends, she also likes being home.  Her first week, I had 3 days of work so she helped daddy look after Mr.E (that's probably a Mr.H story to be told!) and the following week, she has helped in preparation for Mr.E's big FIRST birthday party.  By the start of week 2 at home, she had asked several times about when she gets to go back to The Dolphins.  Oh dear!  Are we boring her???  To keep up with her pre-school learning and development, I found free printable worksheets online.  We are currently working on a letter a day.

With Mr.E's birthday, we've also done a few crafts and baking.  The craft... let's just say it has all the markings of a science experiment gone horribly wrong.  And baking, she loves helping in the kitchen so that was all good!
Our attempt to recycle crayons into mustache crayons for Eden's party


Toilet Training at Night
MissE has never had a dry diaper at night, although she often asks why she has to wear one at night still.  It's not a big deal in my eyes as I knew of 5 year olds who were still in diapers during the night.  One day we were talking about being a big girl and it was one of the things we talked about.  I thought nothing of it until 3:30am that morning and she is standing next to the bed telling me she needs to go to the toilet.  I didn't think she would take me that literally but hey, I'll go with it.  She has only come in the once and otherwise holds it until morning so I guess we are on our way to truly being a Big Girl!

Rookie Mistake
As I mentioned before MissE is "doctor, doctor, doctor".  She loves coming with me to my weekly appointments and so I didn't think anything of it when Mr.E went in for his 1 year check and immunisations (plus daddy had a busy day at work).  All was fine, she was chatting away with Nurse Jenny and was helping to keep Mr.E entertained with toys until it was time for the immunisations.  I told her a few times that Eden may cry but he's okay.  Nurse Jenny gave her a job to do, hold a singing Winnie the Pooh for Eden but as the needle went in, MissE was shaking!  Physically shaking!  Mr.E had a cry then was busy trying to wiggle out of my arms, as usual, but MissE was still a bit unsure.  Even after a jelly bean, she spent the next 30 minutes wanting to talk about how she was not going to eat a lot or grow bigger anymore because she did not want to turn 4 (her next immunisations)!  Eventually I told her we were not going to talk about Eden's nurse anymore. BIG MAMA OOPS!

Wrestlemania 2012
Mr.E loves to tackle MissE.  And MissE doesn't mind... for the most part.  We don't think she fully understands that one day he is going to be a lot bigger than her.


Hmm... footy player (NRL ONLY of course) in the making???

Busy Bees
We've all been busy prepping for Eden's birthday party.  We were expecting the worst, rain (as it poured down rain the week he was born), but it looks like we will have blue skies!  Mr.H has been finishing off our changing rooms (office and home theatre) and outside (never-ending project!).
Our new home theatre

Re-sanding the deck with a supervisor (Sabi)

Influenza Update
My last post I was feeling better!  Lot 4 of antibiotics, rest and always being smothered in Vicks did the trick.  I had a follow-up x-ray and doctor's visit to ensure I had fully recovered from walking pneumonia.  The good news was my x-ray was clear.  The bad news was I had an inner ear/ sinus infection!  My ears had been blocked for some time but I figured it was part of the bronchitis/ pneumonia.  So now I'm on lot 5 of antibiotics to hopefully clear everything up before our trip and I am armed with a nasal spray for the flight.  I will be so glad to be out of the Australian Winter although the Bay Area isn't much warmer!  Hmm, could the warm temperatures of Disneyland SoCal do the trick?

Time for me to start packing so... Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment