Wednesday, July 18, 2012

It's official, Eden's ONE!


Eden is ONE!  Wow, such a milestone... and how quickly it comes around!  I always get very emotional and sentimental around first birthdays (I am not going to lie, I got a bit teary sending out his birthday invitations!), just thinking back at the excitment of waiting to meet this little person inside of you and then finally meeting him.  And, of course, knowing just how much joy, he has brought us over the past 12 months.  I am so lucky and grateful to have had the opportunity to spend the full 12 months (plus a few) with him.

I also get a bit homesick, wishing my parents and sister could see him grow and share holidays like Christmas, or events like his birthday with us, and I know they would want to too  I usually, irritatingly for Mr.H, launch an 'America or bust' campaign which lasts for a few months or until I remember that I am choosing to stay here because I am happy here.  Luckily for Mr.H, this time, we will be in the US in a matter of days!

Happy Birthday!
For Mr.E's birthday, we ate!  Mr.H spent the day at home with us and we did what Mr.E likes to do: a french toast breakfast, sleep, yum cha, Max Brenner (okay, we like to do that), sleep again, play in the sand pit with bubbles and swing outside, then dinner with The Herd's.

Yum yum dim sum!
Because we are leaving in a few days, I didn't want to bake a cake which we would end up throwing away so MissE and I headed into my favourite cupcake bakery: My Little Cupcake.  It's a bit further away but well worth it.
My Little Cupcake, Neutral Bay

Eden only has eyes for his cupcake!
Yum!

Thank You!
We celebrated Eden's birthday with family and friends with party last Sunday. We are so appreciative and blessed to have such wonderful friends who came to spend the day with us and who were so generous with gifts for Eden. He loved them all and are enjoying watching him explore and play with them.


Milestones
Happy birthday Eden!
(This beautiful quilt was made by the very talented Auntie L)

Eden is 23lbs and 6oz or 10.7kg (75% percentile for weight).  Mr.E had his 12 month check-up and immunisations a week early.  I wanted to be sure he had no reactions while we were overseas!  He is a healthy, happy boy but we knew that already!

Mr.E is slowly expanding his vocabulary.  His favourite words are "uh-oh" and "that".  Since I taught him "uh-oh" 2 months ago, he drops food, sippy cup, toys, etc and says "uh-oh" for fun.  Last month when we were moving rooms, Mr.H dropped something and even though Mr.E and I were upstairs, he heard it and exclaimed "uh-oh".  And Mr.E points to things he recognises and says "that". His favorite thing to point at is airplanes!   Daddy is "a dah!" or when he is very hungry "Ne-ne-neh!"

No Hurry
While Mr.E has been standing unsupported since the start of this month, its been in the last week where he can stand, pick up a toy, throw/ drop it, and clap before sitting back down.

One of us is trying to get Mr.E to walk and the other isn't.  I'm the latter, especially with a 14 hour flight coming up I prefer a less mobile Mr.E!  On the day of his first birthday party, Mr.E decided to try a first step! Twice. He walked from MissE's bed to me and then later from me to daddy (daddy was not watching of course)! Luckily he's still working it out and is happy to walk supported by us for now! Our flight back might be a different story...

Then and Now
Last month, we were given photos of Mr.H at 11-12 months.  We decided to re-stage a few photos and compare father and son.



America or Bust!
FINALLY!  Mr.E's big adventure is upon us... and meeting Gung-gung!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment