Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Two E's and Me: June

I am splitting this month's post just to bombard you.  No, I thought Mr.E's FIRST birthday and birthday party deserve their own post as it's a BIG milestone so here's what happened at the end of June.

My birthday!
MissE: Mama, happy birthday!  How old are you?
Me: 33
MissE: That's... that's...
Me: Please don't say old!  Please don't say old!
MissE: That's BIGGER!  You're getting SO TALL!
Works for me!


*At least I was finally feeling better from my recent illness too!

Goodbye Sydney Cove!
MissE with one of her favourite teachers

It started with tears and ended in tears.  I cried when I put Eloise in and cried when we took her out!  (One of her teachers cried too!)  After 2.5 years, she was so sad to say "goodbye", asking if her "teachers" and friends would miss her because she will miss them, but at the same time, she was excited as she knew we would be going on a big airplane to see Pau-pau soon.  MissE helped with her carer gifts.  We put together two because I couldn't decide!

You're my M&M Teacher!
Another Pinterest find, 'M&M' stands for 'magnificent & marvellous', along with a colour chart for what each colour M&M stands for.


And I'm One Smart Cookie!
A jar filled with cookies

All the rooms are named after sea creatures, so I made sea life cupcakes for her Dolphin Room friends.
A local cafe has cupcakes with little plastic animals on top
which inspired these cupcakes.


 They also received these mini- Play-doh (thanks to Costco and leftovers from MissE's Hello Kitty birthday party!) with labels "See you later, alligator" I quickly put together last night.

Smart Cookie
MissE continues to amaze us.  Not only can she add using her fingers, she can now subtract.  I didn't notice what she was doing, but she often does this at meals:  "I have 5 chips, if I eat one, I have 4 left".  She can also count to 30.  Although, 30 is sometimes "13-10".  She has the sound right!

Click on this link to see MissE adding/ subtracting/ counting to 30!  And a cameo by Mr.E, crawling through at hyper-speed!

Things that make you go hmmm...
MissE's hair is getting long again.  She keeps asking to see Melanie (her hairstylist).  I want to grow it out a bit (we cut it very short last time) so I told her we would wait and that Gung-gung will cut her bangs/ fringe for her.
MissE: How does my hair grow?
Me: Well, if you eat all your food and get lots of sleep, your hair will grow.  (I know it's not scientific but best answer I care to give when we are trying to get out the door so I can go to work)
MissE: Okay.  But how come my eyebrows don't grow like the hair on my head does?
Me: Ummm...

Brat-titude
Sneaky Snake
Mr.H: Mama will be mad if you don't get to the toilet in time.  Make sure there is no wee in your undies.
MissE: It's okay.  (Shrugging) If there is, I just won't tell her!

Uncle R's birthday
MissE: Mama, how old is Uncle Ryan?
Me: 40
MissE: Shaking her head "Oh dear..."

3 going on 16
MissE: I don't want you to drive home.
Me: Who's going to drive home?
MissE: Eloise!
Me: You can't drive, you don't know how.
MissE: Well, how am I going to learn if you don't let me practice?

Toy Sale!
The end of June is toy sale for us.  All the major retailers have toy sales too good to resist!  Last year I sent Mr.H off at midnight but this year it was up to me.  I've been midnight shopping a few times, and while I was tired, it pays off.  I was in and out in 20 minutes with everything that I wanted... and more. Mr.H and I splurged on a very fun purchase... we hope to unveil it at Mr.E's birthday party but it's dependent on the weather.

I never give MissE or Mr.E toys if it's not their birthday or Christmas.  Maybe they got me on a good day?  We let Mr.E have an "early" birthday present, an inflatable slide/ ball pit (which is also entertaining MissE) and because he got a present, MissE was allowed to choose one.  Being obsessed with doctors (yay!), she chose Dr. Monkey Alphabet (surname chosen by her).  Dr. Monkey has a magnetic stethoscope that you put on his nose, ears, heart, tummy, arms and legs.  He then sings a song about his nose.
Slide and Ball Pit
Dr. Monkey Alphabet
(and MissE got her face painted!)
 *Postscript on Dr.Monkey: Dr. Monkey Alphabet met an unfortunate end within a few hours.  He stopped working, even with new batteries.  With many tears, we said "goodbye" and came home with Dr. Monkey Nuts (from the book, Monkey Monkey Monkey by Cathy MacLennan), reincarnated to pink.  Name later changed to Dr. McStuffins after the new Disney Jr. TV show.

Girls Day Out!
The H girls' checked out Brave as a mama/ daughter day outing.  It was MissE's and Cousin H's first movie in a theatre.  Armed with popcorn and "friends" (MissE had Wo-wo and Cousin H, Bunny), the girls did very well and made it through the movie!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment