Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Super Fast November

November felt like a short month, maybe it was because I returned to Sydney a few days in.  We had a week or two of catching up on the everyday and then preparing for special visitors (separate post in December).
 
Little Toad Photography
Picture Day
School picture day is not like how it used to be, being called into the auditorium, plonking yourself in front of a small white or blue screen, and smiling for the camera in 3,2… snap! before the bored photographer gets to 1.  Nowadays, the children are shot in a natural setting and the photos are too cute!  

Something Wild
There was a school incursion called Something Wild.  Eloise and Eden had the chance to get up close to a small crocodile, lizards, and a Kookaburra to name a few.   They both brave (despite a few photos showing their true emotions).
 
Eden and the croc

Eloise: "Okay, I'm next.  Be brave!  Be. Brave."
Eloise and the snake

Eden: "Whatever that is, get it away from me!"

Rain, Rain Go Away!
After breaking heat records, we are now breaking rain records in November.  Our winter blankets and snug pyjamas have made a comeback. 
Matching minion pyjamas (Hong Kong find)
A Graduation!
Well, we are in the home-stretch now until Eloise starts Big School.  How quickly 5 years has passed!  The pre-school had a lovely graduation ceremony for their “graduates”.


Each graduate had kind words said about them during the certificate presentation
Hats off!


Thanksgiving
We were able to have Thanksgiving with Pau-Pau and Gung-Gung this year.  I honestly can't remember the last one we had together?  9 years ago?  We stuffed ourselves with turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, Trader Joe's cornbread, and a double-layer chocolate pumpkin pie.
Eloise and Eden drew turkey hands and Eloise drew what she was thankful for- Gung- Gung in Australia to make her chicken wings.
Eden (2 y.o)
Eloise (4 y.o)

Iron Tiger
Hear her ROAR!  MissE is improving at taekwondo.  She went up for grading this month.
In full uniform, ready for grading
High punches
All white belts with Master Diane (Commonwealth champion)
Fighting stance with Mr Colin
MissE Says the Darnedest Things
Growing Up First World
Upon my return, while dropping MissE at pre-school her teachers asked about my toe.
MissE: It’s okay Miss Natalie.  Mama would go to the hospital and check emails.

You Live Where?
Me: Eloise, do you remember what street you live on?
MissE: Yes,  Marijuana Street!

Mean Girls
At any behavioural admonishment, we get a lot of attitude from Eloise.  And some of the conversations go like this:
A few days after returning from Hong Kong, I asked her to stop talking and please put her seatbelt on.
MissE: I wish you would go away again.  I liked it when you weren’t here.
Mr H: Yes, she said that a lot when you weren’t home.   Gee, thanks for twisting the knife.

The Runaway
After telling her she has been naughty all day and we do not like it.
MissE: I’m going to runaway.  You are going to be sad and miss me.
Mr H: Where are you going to live?
MIssE: With another family.
Mr H: What happens if you are naughty for them?
MissE: I’ll just find another family and another family.

At least I didn’t get -
MissE: Daddy, I don’t think I love you anymore.

Eden
Eden in his PSY pyjamas (again Hong Kong find)
It’s been a few months since I posted individual developments.  While Eloise has been getting much of the press with her taekwondo grading and pre-school graduation, Eden is growing leaps and bounds at the moment.  His vocabulary, sentence structure and memory recall amazes us.
Me: Eden, how was your day today?
Eden: I was sad.
Me: How come?
Eden: I crying.  I miss you.

Eden: Look!  A wowo!
Me: Yes, a little puppy.
Eden: Little like me!

He is definitely 2; he does what he wants and doesn’t like being told “no”.  Our latest “trick” is The Man.  One day we were driving and there was a police car behind us.  Eden had his arms out of his restraint and I told him The Man behind us would come get him.  Since then, any time he is up to no good, he says “Man coming?  Man following?”  It’s working while time-outs aren’t!

He is also asking to use the toilet for #1’s, and insists on standing only, then immediately asking for a sticker.  We are more than happy to give him stickers!

What’s yours is Mine
Mr E has a bad tendency to latch onto Miss E’s toys.  She used to have a monkey lovely that she only attached to for the car.  She kept in it her car seat and would use it to keep her Wowo warm.  When Mr E was old enough (6 months) when she wasn’t in the car, he would take it.  Eventually it became his.  Now, he is slowly latching onto Eloise’s Wowo.  She allows him to pat his ears and sometimes hold him for her but now, sometimes we find him sitting on her bed, cuddling Wowo when she is not there.  Uh-oh!

Me
I cashed in my birthday present, spa time at my favourite spa, Villa Thalgo. 
Post-massage swim surrounded by aquariums
9-5
Thank you to the Langham Hotel Group for a movie night (One Chance) in Gold Class (reclining chairs, beverage and food service throughout the movie.  Seriously click the link and check it out).   More importantly, luck was on my side because I won the lucky (grand) door prize: 1 night accommodation at The Langham Melbourne.


Date night
With our visitors, Conor and I also had the chance to see The Hunger Games: Catching Fire a few nights later.  Yay!


Christmas Party Season
I also had my company Christmas party at ECQ.  The champagne was definitely flowing… and we danced the night away until our cars came to pick us up at 11pm.  No turning into pumpkins for us!

 
Views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and champagne # ?

No comments:

Post a Comment