Monday, September 10, 2012

Exploratorium

Here's another place I haven't been in years!  My childhood memories of the Exploratorium were of the cow-eye dissection and of the shadow box (pose, a flash, and your pose is captured!) and in my early-20's memories were of the Tactile Dome.  I was excited to come re-visit, knowing how much Mr.H and MissE would enjoy it.

While the we missed the cow-eye dissection (but given that I had to do hours in Baltimore's morgue in graduate school, I didn't really need to see this!) and the shadow box is no longer there, old favorites like the 'pin' table, bubbles, and Alice in Wonderland's room were!  There were so many favorite exhibits (new and old) to choose from but MissE liked the sand drawing and bubbles.  My favorite was capturing a photograph of a water drop. 

Exploratorium

Cousins creating a tornado

Eloise's sand art
Bubbles!

If you look closely, there is an image in the water drop!  Amazing!

Is he really drinking out of a toilet???

Palace of Fine Arts
  

No comments:

Post a Comment