Sunday, January 17, 2016

It's Me, Eloise! Pamper Party

We had a very early birthday party for MissE before school holidays begins.  Since she was still technically 6, it was fitting that we had an Eloise at the Plaza themed-party (her name-sake).  The only difference is that this Eloise prefers purple to pink so I blended the colours for the party.

This party was fun and easy to put together (in a week and a half when I realised it was fast approaching), as we only had 10 girls (all from school plus 1 cousin) which we hopefully spoiled on the day! 

The Plaza
This was the hardest part, somehow transforming the house to a hotel and as elegant as The Plaza NYC.  When guests arrived, they “checked-in” to the hotel by visiting Registration Desk to sign their name.  As there is an ‘Eloise at Christmastime’, we put up an Eloise Christmas tree in the “Lobby”; keeping to the colour palette of purple and pink.
Check-in (and gift table)


The dining area became The Spa.  I found paper tassel kits at the dollar store for $6 each and created a faux flower chandelier using my cross-stitch hoop.  It’s so pretty that I haven’t taken it down.


For the cake table, I painted “It’s Me, Eloise” onto a paper table runner.  I gave the feeling of NYC by wrapping empty food boxes in white paper and drawing a high-rise and a small boutique.


The bathroom also got the Eloise at the Plaza treatment with The Plaza toiletries, a brush and body shimmer spray.  I had a hard time tracking down those empty travel containers but finally found them and created my own The Plaza labels. 


Room Service
The girls (and gentleman) dined on a menu similar to that of Palm Court at The Plaza:

  • Here's What I Like: Sandwiches
  • Charge It Please, Scones with Cream
  • Tweenie Weenie sausage rolls
  • Love, Love, Love Sweets
I completely over-catered.  This was our first small party but I made enough sandwiches and scones to feed 50!  I felt terrible throwing away 1 full platter of sandwiches, but not so much on the uneaten party pies and sausage rolls (not so good).  Don’t even get me started on the cake!  I brought some to work and sent the rest to school, with “no backs”. 

The Spa


I had ATouch of Glitz and Glam come with their mobile spa for manicures, pedicures and facials for the girls.  What a fantastic mobile party!  They brought everything you could possibly need for the party with them.  MrE also wanted to join in on the fun too.  He had his toe nails in Hulk green! 
Real men wear pink!
After dressing the part in headbands and robes, they took their place, refreshed with Pink Lemonade and popcorn.  (Overheard: “It’s definitely wine”)

BIRTHDAY CHEERS to MissE!
First they had pedicures, then manicures.
Foot soak
Rainbow nails
Green pedicure
This was followed by an avocado mask complete with cooling cucumbers for their eyes and then some special Glam Party games.  There were 2 party hosts but still a bit of down time so they spent that telling jokes and reading magazines.




Looking Gorgeous!

Absolutely! Birthday Cake
I cheated.  I had 3 Christmas parties (plus work) to attend in the lead up to the birthday party so I wasn’t sure when I was going to be able to bake cakes, allow them to cool and decorate them so I outsourced.  And I might do it again!  Mondo Cakes is located in Sydney; they bake and deliver the cake to you!  I just iced and decorated it.  The summer months and the heat got the better of me so don’t look too closely!  I am glad I only do this twice a year.

SEVEN

*Note MissE’s class was having a bake sale the next day so I did still have to do some baking.  They were raising funds to put a water tap into a school in South Africa.

Oh Goodie!
This was the fun part!  MissE and I raided the dollar bins at Kmart, items were no more than $2 thanks to also being on clearance!
Sleep masks, Kimono Doll chap stick, lollipop hairbands,
critter erasers, nail polish highlighters, candy bracelets 





1 comment: