Tuesday, October 13, 2015

All About Me

It's not often I get to write a post all about me (and a little bit of Mr H too)!  I feel kind of special.  So this post is about what I've done over the last 2 months, mostly.

Let's start with the most recent and most exciting news, I got LASIK!  Remember that kinda big award I received back in June, well this was my self-selected gift to myself.  Nearly a month later, I am so happy I finally did it… I still catch myself reaching for my glasses in the morning but hey, I’ve been doing that for 23 years!  One more check-up to go and I can finally wear eye make-up again!  Whoop, whoop!  Sephora just opened at my local shopping centre too. 
To celebrate, we went on a day-venture to The Scarborough Hotel for lunch

Run For Your Lives!
I love all things zombies, so when this event came up in my "Hot" events email, I signed us up!  I was a bit concerned since they asked for blood type at registration and after watching a few of the YouTube clips from the ones around the world was a bit worried… especially after eating Massassam curry all week before!

Nothing but clear skies, open fields and zombies
It’s a 5K obstacle course/ zombie run so over the course you have obstacles to complete sprinkled with zombie swarms that try to grab your “lives” (think flag football). 
The zombies were awesome.  They come dressed in costume and professional make-up artist gore them out.  Some of them were too fast!  Check out the video for my photos with a group of them!

Some of the obstacles: Jump the Fence, Blood Pit (sliding into a pit of blood… or strawberry/ raspberry cordial), Holy Trap (tires), The Slide (giant slip n slide), Laser Grid (agility through zombie crossing tape), Limb By Limb (commando crawling while blood is dripping on you!), The Smokehouse (commando crawl through thick smoke – make sure you drop down… there are live wires!) and Finish Fence (one more crawl).  The Blood Pit and The Smokehouse were the most fun.  This was all mixed in with 15 zombie swarms!

I wore a GoPro so here’s the video:

{I realised the slip n slide is missing from it!  Oh well!}



Verdict: Let’s do it again next year… and be zombies too!  Anyone in???

Photography 101


For my birthday this year, I didn’t want anything material so I asked to do a course for a day: photography or cake/ cookie decorating (those beautifully decorated iced cookies are impossible!)  I got a half-day photography class in the city to finally work out how to use my adult camera I got in December.  Yay!  And since then I’ve been taking every opportunity to shoot in manual mode as much as I can.  I hope you can tell the difference from my posts!

Sydney Harbour Bridge (one of my first shots in manual!)
Looking back into the City
Funnily enough, I was the only one who got "Tracking"
{I would make good paparazzi or a Fed (wink, wink)}
Time to work on composition of photos
My final shot
{My amazingly talented photographer friend loved this one!}


1 comment:

  1. Lasik. Big fan! Congrats and what the heck took you so long!? ;)
    Zombies. Congrats for staying alive, have fun next year being one!
    Photography. Always been a fan of your photos so keep on snapping'.

    ReplyDelete