Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Dirty Laundry (room reveal)

Laundry Room Reveal… finally!

After nearly 5 years, we have finally gotten around to making the laundry room functional.  Previously, the mops and brooms didn’t have a home, electrical plugs were exposed (as were the machine taps), we were still using my hampers from grad school (?) and I didn’t have anywhere to fold laundry. Ironing?  Hahaha!  I’m laughing, not because I didn’t have room to iron but because I don’t iron period (unless it’s being sewn).

Before
After a few trips to Bunnings (Australian equivalent to Home Depot/ Lowes), we decided to do it DIY (it’s just a laundry room) and keep it neutral.  Although we built knowing this would most likely be our “forever” home, we always kept the re-sale rule of “don’t make personal style statements with fixtures”.  So while Mr H spent most of May (and June) putting together the cabinets (white), tiling (white) and sealing the bench top (bamboo), I shopped on eBay to make my personal style statement.  
 
After
Indoor drying cupboards
Love my new country sink
I re-purposed these glass jars (once candy bar jars)
to house pegs and laundry soap
She suits being next to the mop cupboard

- Banksy Maid (Sticker Alchemy, eBay)

- Bansky Zebra Stripes Wash (Boulton Graphics, eBay)

No comments:

Post a Comment