Friday, June 1, 2012

Vivid Sydney


Well, it's that time of year again... when the Festival of Light/ Music/ Ideas comes to Sydney!  This is our second year attending Vivid and again, it was pretty darn amazing.  If it doesn't inspire you, I don't know what does!
This year, we decided to make it a mini-break.  We booked a last minute hotel deal at the oh-la-la Sheraton on the Park.  While I've stayed at some of the best hotels in Sydney, I haven't had the chance to stay here and now I have... and it was great!  The room was large enough for us (MissE slept on the lounge, MrE in a cot, and us in the King Sweet Sleeper).  It overlooked Hyde Park and was so close to Westfield CBD and Starbucks!  They also had a rooftop indoor heated pool which kept E.1 and E.2 happy until Vivid.*
The Little Prince in bed
Indoor Rooftop Pool
Eloise multi-tasking: swimming and enjoying the view
Mr.E loved the projections onto Customs House and the MCA.  He pointed and babbled all night!  MissE's favourite were the Nemo light fishes (angler fish) and the blue 'bulb'.  By 10pm, we were exhausted and gave the rest of the light sculptures a miss for bed instead!
Customs House

MCA
MCA (near)

Angler Fish
I'm Blue...

Sydney Opera House

Colour Cube

Chandelier/ Sydney Opera House
Chandelier/ Sydney Harbour Bridge

The next day, after a delicious breakfast buffet (we love hotels that cater for Chinese guests!  Mr.E loved his teriyaki chicken and fried rice!  And I always love a bowl of congee), Mr.H headed into work and I walked to Darling Quarter for a few hours of fun at their new playground.  It will be on the must return when the weather is warm list!
Swings!

MissE pumping water

Mr.E checking out a water play table

And on top of the table... oh dear!

*And a side note worth mentioning: I  was incredibly disappointed to not get to attend the NKOTBSB concert the night before (a) I wasn't sure if I was going to be here for it (b) I didn't have anyone to go with (c) last minute tickets were available but ridiculously expensive and I would of had to drag Mr.H with me.    But the disappointment faded away fast when we arrived at the hotel to a handful of groupies and paparazzi!  When Mr.H was checking us in, my little ears picked up word that a few had just seen AJ and Nick come through the lobby.  I was desperate to hang around the lobby but hunger won.  Then on our way out that evening to Vivid, I was waiting in the lobby for Mr.H and 
Mr. Jordon Knight came across my path!  He went by unnoticed so I resisted the urge to scream "OMG!  JOOOORRDDDDOOOON!"

No comments:

Post a Comment