Friday, July 3, 2015

WHAAAT?!

Okay, I get to self-promote because something BIG happened.  (And you may already know since I put it on my social media sites.  Hey, I’m allowed to for things like this).  In mid-June, we had our national kick-off meeting where all of Australia and New Zealand employees converged in Sydney CBD (we now have over 850 employees so we definitely swarmed Sydney CBD) over two days.
Night One: The Greatest Show on Earth 
Our very own sushi train!
On Saturday night, we had a gala dinner (very formal) where awards are presented and you party the night away (well, until pumpkin time (midnight) anyway).
All glammed up!
Hosted by Andrew O'Keefe (Australian host of Deal or No Deal)
To my surprise, I received the first award of the evening!  Whaat?!

Employee of the Year: Sales Operations FY15

Oh my goodness.  I was in absolute shock!  I wasn’t sure what to do so I went the wrong way after receiving my award from the V.P. and had to circle back to my seat via the outside – ha,ha.  My co-worker was more excited than I was, as I was still in shock.  {I know you are thinking, stop being so modest but after I had worked my butt off for 4 years with another company and barely received a thank-you, I don’t expect these things to happen to me}.  All I could think was "Thank goodness I got my make-up and hair done!" 

It finally hit me after I went home, washed all the make-up and hairspray out and turned back into me, went to sleep and woke up at 5am with my heart pounding realising “Holy Batman!  I got Employee of the Year”. 

Here is the summary of my award from my business unit director:  
Congratulations also to Rebecca Hamilton, winner of the Sales Operations Employee of the Year Award for Medtronic Australasia! This award is given annually to the top performer from the fields of training/education, field clinical, clinical research, technical and other support roles across all business units and functions. Rebecca has kept us all on track with her dedication to the education programs and VSPs that we run, making sure that they offer the best possible experiences to customers. She’s an invaluable member of our ANZ team and also for Spine Asia Pacific.


The support from everyone (mostly but hey, haters gonna hate) has been amazing and it's put me in a really good space!  I am so humbled by it!  Insert warm fuzzy emoji here!
Winners are grinners!
(My roomie won the President's Award)

No comments:

Post a Comment