Sunday, March 6, 2011

Self-professed Craft Nerd

I am a Craft Nerd.  There is nothing I like more getting a new craft book, pouring over each pattern and deciding which to do first.  Or the delight I feel when the super-cute fabric I ordered from my favorite online fabric shop arrives ( http://www.funkyfabrix.com.au/ and http://www.spoonflower.com/) .  And even more fabulous, I actually have the time to turn my weekend sewing projects to during the week projects!  (See 'Just Call Me Petra Pan')

Here's some of the projects I've been working on:

We're all expecting in my Mother's Group, and what better way to celebrate a new arrival than with a handmade gift.  These were made for this "spurt" of new arrivals (January and February births).

Animal bunting made for Cameron

Reversible dress for Sofia

Back of dress with reversible-side showing

Reversible dress for Lana (the apples are perfect for her mama who is a teacher)

Back of dress with reversible-side showing
I love Japanese 'Kawaii' fabric, especially the fairy tale designs.  I often think it's too cute to use though!  Even though MissE is too big for a fairy tale quilt, my craft goal is still to make her one. 


I love this fabric!  (Created by Kukubee http://www.kukubee.com/, and purchased on Spoonflower) I thought it was perfect for the 'Toddler Pinafore Smock Top' from One-Yard Wonders.  It's a bit too big for MissE at the moment but she'll grow into it. 
This book is fantastic for easy sewing projects, using only one yard (or there is an Australian version, One-Metre Wonders).

I am currently trolling my favourite fabric websites for 'inspiration' to make No.2's crib set.  I have it narrowed down to 5, all very different of course!

When I am not sewing, I love felties!  They are so fun... and cute.  What's the perfect for someone who loves Halloween and felties?  Zombie Felties: How to raise 16 gruesome felt creatues from the undead by Nicola Tedman and Sarah Skeate.  I can't wait to start the "uprising"!

No comments:

Post a Comment