Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mr.E celebrates his Half-Birthday!


How fast time flies!  Mr.E is now 6 months!  He weighs a very healthy 19 lbs and 6 oz (8.9 kg) and is 31 inches (79cm) long.

After I posted last month, Mr.E has been trying very hard to sit by himself.  He cries when he is lying on his back so we sit him in-between our legs so that in case he starts to tip over, he can balance on our legs.  He also loves to stand (with support) and bounce, bounce, bounce in his Jumperoo.

He is sometimes sleeping on his tummy now.  When I go into his room in the morning and he is on his tummy, he greets me with a big smile.  He's very proud of himself!


Mr.E has found his feet!  I love this stage.

He is now eating 2 meals a day, and he loves to eat!  His favourite dinner is cauliflower and apple puree.  Although he doesn't have teeth, we is trying to eat more solid food!  At a recent sporting event, I looked down at my hot dog to find Mr.E gumming it!
NOT one of his favourites: yogurt!
Opposites

The Two E's are proving to be very different from each other.

  • I have one that loves her sleep and one who is an early bird.  MissE is rarely seen before 8am and even then yawns for a good half an hour.  Mr.E is up singing between 6-7am, no matter what time he's gone to sleep.
  • Mr.E is also very vocal!  We go for a walk every morning so that he doesn't wake up his sister.  (At least I am getting some needed exercise)
  • MissE never cared which way she sat in the pram.  MrE hates not facing me.  Thank goodness for a lovely friend who no longer needed her Strider so MrE can keep me in his sights when we are out and about.  I am now in the market for a pre-loved and gently-used Bugaboo Bee+.  (Funny because it's the stroller I wanted (Bugaboo) when I was expecting MissE).
  • MissE happily ate any food and drank bottles without batting an eyelid.  Mr.E enjoys his food like his sister but bottles are not on!  He is very stubborn and has gone up to 5.5 hours between milk feeds because of bottle refusal.  I have tried several different bottles and thought I found one he liked.  I've also tried different formulas and thought I found one he liked.  But he goes one day without having a bottle, it's starting new all over again and it's a battle of wills!
Life & Times of Two E's (January):
Smart Cookie
Every mother thinks her child is a genius and I am not different!  This is a link to MissE spelling (with a little help).  She can also spell "Bec", "Con" and "frog".  She was 2 at the time of filming.

http://youtu.be/7YOIO51x5No

She is desperate to read.  She asks us "what her books say" and will point at the letters.  We have been speaking with her pre-school teachers to aid us in beginning reading skills.

Twenty20 (Cricket)
MissE and Mr.E were taken to their first sporting event recently.  It was also my first time to watch the cricket.  We went to the Twenty20 Big Bash series with friends.  It was a warm night, but unfortunately it rained off and on until finally the skies opened on us.  MissE loved the music, thunder sticks (Go Sydney Thunder), and the fireworks that went off when there was an 'out' or '6'.  She also enjoyed feasting on stadium food: hot dogs and fries, and ice cream.

Go Sydney Thunder!
Summer Days
It hasn't been a typical sweltering Australian summer, we've had only a few days of sunshine without rain and we've made the most of them with a picnic and swim at Chinamen's Beach and a pool swim with friends.
Love the sand and water between my toes!
Floating with my friend Ally
And of course, we had MissE's big THIRD birthday party.  Mr.E provided a helping hand, filling goodie bags and even got his own cake.  (Although I have to say he is the complete opposite to an Angry Bird!)
Helping with goodie bags



Happy Half Birthday!
Now that MissE's birthday is said and done, and we don't have anyone to celebrate the Lunar New Year with, it will be fairly quiet this month.

    Me:
    I am so grateful to Mr.H who let me take as much time as I wanted to be a stay-at-home-mom but I am ready to re-enter the work force.  Now it's just finding the right fit... But in the meantime, I will be doing a few days here and there and Mr.E will have a crash course in taking a bottle!

    We are also currently looking into planning our trip to the US.  Come May, it will be 2 years since I've been on US soil.  I am lucky that my mom and sister's family were able to come see me last year so I didn't lose it.  But post-holidays, now that I have had time to stop and breathe, I am homesick.  Plus, Mr.E wants to meet his Gung-gung!

    Until next time...

      No comments:

      Post a Comment